- March 2017 Congratulations to the March 4th, 2017 GradFest Talk winners; Vicky Zhuang 1st place and Parsa Saffarinia & Samantha Levell tied for 2nd place.
- March 2017 Tim Higham has been awarded a Humboldt Reserach Fellowship for Experienced Researchers! Congratulations!
- May 2016 Congratulations to nine of our EEOB Graduate Students for receiving the Outstanding Teaching Award for the 2015-2016 Year; Clint Collins, Kathleen Foster, Katherine Johnson, Jarren Kay, Keenan Morrison, Christi Scott, Eric Stiner, Kelvin Tran, and Natalie Williams.
- Sept. 2013 Ted Garland is featured in FAIL LAB Episode One: Evolution, part of an educational video series funded through the Discovery Network and intended to target teenagers
- April 2013 Daphne Fairbairn publishes "Odd Couples: Extraordinary Differences between the Sexes in the Animal Kingdom"
- Jan. 2012 Cheryl Hayashi presents at the TED conference
- April 2011 David Reznick elected to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- Fall 2009 and later CNAS Science Lectures feature several Biology faculty speaking on Applying Evolutionary Ideas and other topics
- Ted Garland quoted in L.A. Times article on "Fitness fanatic or couch potato? Blame your DNA"
- Matt Walsh, EEOB Ph.D. candidate, find thats predators do more than kill prey
- Cheryl Hayashi receives prestigious MacArthur Fellowship
- Daphne Fairbairn edits new book on the hows and whys of sex differences
- Ted Garland works on a new approach to reconstructing the biology of extinct species
- Cheryl Hayashi's lab unravels secrets of Black Widow spider silk
- Len Nunney receives grant to study plant-threatening bacteria
- Marlene Zuk's new book, Riddled with Life: Friendly Worms, Ladybug Sex, and the Parasites that Make Us Who We Are' discusses the often unexpected roles of parasites and disease in animal (and human) biology.
- A new faculty member, Dr. Joel Sachs, will be joining us in July 2007. Dr. Sachs is an evolutionary biologist and ecologist who studies cooperative interactions.
- David Reznick's lab takes the lead in a major collaborative grant on interactions between ecology and evolution
- Douglas Altshuler to Receive the 2006 George A. Bartholomew Award
- Marlene Zuk and colleagues study Hawaiian crickets
- David Reznick's Guppies Show Menopause (MSNBC) (UCR version)
- Wendy Saltzman on BBC Radio and on CBC Radio for Research on Fertility and Social Status
- David Reznick's Guppies Challenge Evolutionary Theories of Aging
- Ted Garland's "Exercise-addicted" Mice
at ScienCentral.com, and at Sciencemag.org
- Derek Roff comments on Global Warming in the Journal Science
- Nick Waser among Most Cited Researchers in the World
- Rich Cardullo and Kim Hammond Awarded GAANN Grant
- Bill Mayhew Receives George B. Fell Award
- Marlene Zuk's "Sexual Selections" in The New York Times
- In Memorium: John Alexander Moore
- Grad Fest 11 March 2006 was a Resounding Success!
- Nick Waser and Mary Price honored via "The Ecology of Communities"
- Special Seminar 24 May 2004 - "Intelligent Design": Good Science, Bad Science, or Not Science at All?
College of Natural and Agricultural Science